Wednesday, June 1, 2011

From Robert Theall: Billy Graham Returning To Charlotte.

Okay, folks...we can't be serious ALL the time so take a break and get ready to laugh.  This was posted on FaceBook by one of my friends, Robert Theall.  And Heaven only knows where he found this...but I'm so glad he did!  Lol!


Billy Graham was returning to Charlotte after a speaking engagement and when his plane arrived, there was a limousine waiting to transport him to his home. As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped and spoke to the driver.

"You know," he said. "I am 87 years old and I have never driven a limousine. Would you mind if I drove this for a while?"

The driver looked a little surprised at first but then replied, "No problem. I'll just sit in the back."

Happily, Billy got into the driver's seat and they headed off down the highway.

A short distance away sat a rookie State Trooper operating his first speed trap.

The long black limo went by him doing 70 in a 55 mph zone.

The state trooper pulled out and easily caught up with the limo.  After the limo had pulled over and stopped by the side of the road, the state trooper pulled up in back of the limo and got out of his patrol car in order to begin the procedure of writing a speeding ticket. 

The young trooper walked up to the driver's door, and when the glass was rolled down, he was surprised to see who was driving.

He immediately excused himself and went back to his patrol car to call his supervisor.

He told the supervisor, "I know we're supposed to enforce the law....but I also know that important people are given certain courtesies. I need to know what I should do because I have stopped a very important person!"

The supervisor asked,  "Is it the governor?"

The young trooper replied, "No, he's more important than that."

The supervisor said, "Oh...so it's the president."

The young trooper stated, "No, he's even more important than that!"

Exasperated, the supervisor asked, "Well then, WHO IS IT?"

The young trooper hesitated and then replied, "I think it's Jesus...because he's got Billy Graham for a chauffeur!"

No comments:

Post a Comment